We are always working on taking efficient, quality trades, quitting positive on most sessions and then that’s it. We turn to other things that we enjoy in life. One of the most efficient and straight forward tradeplans that I know of, is trading the Crude Oil Inventory Report each and every week. There are many ways to trade Crude Oil and just as many reasons to want to trade it. The best reason is that it typically moves so well, which results in good trades and the ability to quit positive most of the time. That’s what we need to be consistently successful. Quitting positive on most sessions is what we always strive for and is one of the obvious secrets to ongoing success. Yet it alludes so many traders!
We treat the Inventory Report as a separate session, with its own start time, quitting goals, etc. In essence, if you trade the CL Report, you literally have ‘6’ Crude Oil sessions per week; Mon thru Fri and the extra Inventory Release as an additional session.
But what if you wanted to really simplify your life? What if you could JUST trade the CL Inventory Report and grow your equity to such a level, that you literally only need to trade for that one brief window of time, once per week, as your ongoing, ever growing, trade business operation? In other words, your business is only open for a short time, once per week. The reliability that our tradeplan gives us, trading the Crude Oil Inventory Report, literally makes a strong argument to ONLY do that and nothing else.
Take a look at the numbers:
- Winning Percentage: 74%
- Profit Factor: + 2.86
- Avg Net Profit per Trade/Contract (all wins and losses): + $79.63
- We have shown many times that if you could NET $50 per contract, per trade on average, that you could quickly build a $10,000 per month income for yourself and continue to grow it from there. It’s all about the power of compounding!
- Trading the Crude Inventory Report is an extreme example of this idea, making nearly 60% MORE per trade than the $50 per contract example. Best of all, it’s just one session per week!! You see, less IS more!!
- You don’t have to learn anything new. It’s the same tradeplan we use on SO many charts, but it stacks the odds WAY in our favor by taking advantage of the reaction to this reliable news release, each and every week.
Check out last week’s trade that had us winning this session. It was the, one and done. Missing T2 by 1 tick qualifies as a complete winning trade in regards to OUR Power of Quitting Tradeplan. Be disciplined! Remember, the average NET trade (all wins and losses) is nearly $80 per contract.
The week prior, we won the session in just two trades. See the example which explains in detail how and why we did it the way we did
The Crude Oil Inventory Report is a unique opportunity that we want to be able to take advantage. And we can and do! We trade it in the live CPT traderoom each week so you can learn it and see it in real time for yourself.
The minimalist trader, who recognizes the power of efficiency and the ‘less is more’ mentality, doesn’t really need anything else. But many of us have more ‘trade’ in us and want to trade more than just this. That’s fine too. The lesson we can take away from this example is how simplicity is the key to success. We can take this very same chart, copy, paste, and create a whole slew of tradeplans that use the same idea, with a multitude of symbols and charts. Tight, concise tradeplans with start times, tangible goals that take what the market wants to give us, strong session win rates, and smart money management. We can add a few power tools that come with the CPT strategy, like Trend Mode vs Standard Mode for example, smart scaling in and out opportunities, powerful trailing techniques, profit protection tools, etc., but the basic winning concepts remain the same and the tradeplans work the same way, as well. The next example is a completely different market and chart yet the CPT fits and works because it takes advantage of the same smart concepts that stack the right elements on our side which in turn, puts the odds in our favor, each and every trade so that we can quit positive on most sessions, grow our equity and employ the power of compounding to reach our financial goals.
Here’s a look at today’s GBPUSD 5 min Chart Using Trend Mode. It was one and done today for well over 100 pips of profit. I recommend scaling out 25% at each target, and trailing the rest. You can see from this example of today’s US Session how well it works. The Euro Session posted similar results. Moreover, it works on Tradestation, Ninja Trader, MT4 and TOS.
This exact approach works on so many different charts:
- DAX Futures are on a huge session to session win streak, winning the last 18 sessions in a row, requiring just one or two trades to hit our tradeplan goals.
- eMini’s are all poised to make huge gains this year on the heals of a very profitable 2015 and 2014. Other futures, too; Gold, Nat Gas, Grains, Softs, etc..
- Other Forex Pairs, different timeframes from daytrading to swingtrading also hitting on all cylinders. I just showed you today’s GBPUSD 5 minute chart which has been winning at a strong 75% win rate these past 6 weeks, but you can also get great success with 15 minute charts, 30 minute charts and more using our innovative ‘snap shot’ trading approach which only has looking for trades on these slow but steady charts, a few hours per day. Remember, we’re all about ‘improved lifestyle.’ That philosophy is build right into the Counter Punch Trader and all our tradeplans
To find out more and to see the Counter Punch Trader in action, during a LIVE Market Demonstration where we look at the most current trades, be sure to join us for our 24 hour Flash Sale happening This Week!
Register for your most convenient time right here, right now:
Thursday, March 24th @ 12pm ET, 9am PT, 4pm GMT
Thursday, March 24th @ 6pm ET, 3pm PT, 10pm GMT